If you are wondering what the foundation of your body is, no doubt it is the feet. It has more than 38 muscles, 52 bones, 200 ligaments, and 66 joints. This is primarily what takes you about in life. It comes as a surprise that most people pay less attention to this part of the body. Flat feet and overpronation are the common foot problems.
These could be corrected by wearing shoes that are specially made for walking issues. Selecting the best walking shoes for flat feet and overpronation might be very helpful. In this article, we are going to show you the best walking shoes.(1)
What are flat feet and overpronation?
Flat foot is a condition where the arches of your feet sit totally on the flat ground. It can also be called fallen arches or pes planus. This could cause a lot of problems like foot and shin pains. Though flat foot might lead to Overpronation, they are different. Overpronation is when your foot goes inward excessively while putting too much pressure on the arch. This can lead to knee and ankle pains.(2)(3)
How to choose a perfect walking shoes?
Sometimes, selecting the best show for your flat feet and overpronation might be overwhelming. There are some things you need to take into consideration before buying one.
Shoe type – primary, there are two main types of shoes you need to examine when you have flat feet. These are the stability shoes and motion shoes. Selecting the perfect one depends solely on your pronation level. Motion shoes are suitable for Overpronation(4), while stability shoes are perfect for normal pronation.
Where the walking will be done – you’ll have a lot of options if you have a more casual approach. Consider where you will often do your walking. Select a shoe style that will perfectly match the place. Choose a light hiker or trail runner if your walk will be on nature paths. Go with a casual, running, or multisport shoe if you’re walking on pavements.
Consider the support and flexibility – as someone who has flat feet you need a light to moderate resistance shoe. To know the walking shoes that best fit, you can try some. Bend the toe of the shoe in an upward direction while holding the heel. It is suitable if it bends under the ball of the foot. Also, from the toe to the heel, twist the sole. If the shoe sole slightly resists twisting, it might be perfect for you.
Shoe cushioning – should also be considered. Unlike running, the feet do not feel much pressure while walking. So you need a shoe that offers enough cushioning beneath the ball of the shoe.The weight of the shoe. It is preferable you go for a lightweight shoe. It would allow easy pickup. Additionally, can you wear the shoe even if the weather is rough? This is a question you need to ask yourself. Consider going for a shoe that is waterproof.
Shoe fit – is very important too. It is advisable to get a shoe that fits well so you don’t get heel blisters or bruised toe nails. You should be able to wiggle your toes on it. It should not be tight.
Benefit of the best walking shoes
There are lots of advantages attached to getting the best walking shoes for flat feet and overpronation (5). Some of the advantages are:
- They help to maintain correct walking technique and also prevent injury
- The impact of Overpronation is minimized or corrected
- Walking are made pain free and enjoyableIt offers comfortability.
- So you would be encouraged to walk a long distance
- The shoes absorb shocks, offer stability, and reduce feet fatigue and much more(6)
How are the best walking shoes uniques?
- Their heel is well stabilized
- The absorbing capabilities are great
- Cushioning are perfectArch support is exceptional
- They have stability or motion control features (7)
1. Saucony Grid Omni Walker Walking Shoes
- They are crafted with leather, textile, nylon or synthetic. Most times it might be the combination of two of the materials
- Products come with cushioning system that maximizes comfort and support
- The sole is made of rubbers that are slightly resistant to twisting. This gives stability and comfort.
- Included is lace up and mesh tongue designs. Also, the platform of the shoe measures 0″.
- Walking for hours are made effortless
- They have great and perfect cushioning
- Shoes offer reliable traction control
- Heel strike stress are minimized
- Offers forgiving forefoot feet and great comfort-ability
Sharp objects might penetrate the sole
In this category the Saucony Men’s Grid Omni Walking Shoe and Saucony Women’s ProGrid Integrity ST2 Walking Shoe standout to be the most sort after.
2. New Balance 928 Walking Shoes
- Products are made of leather, textile, cotton, elastane or synthetic.
- Most of the product is crafted with leather, while others are made of two materials
- Included is a rubber sole, roll bar technology, and a double density molded PU insert. These great features allow soft relief and increased stability for your feet
- They might feature hook and loop straps or lace serving as closure
- Additionally, shoes come with collars that are padded. An amazing feature that offers comfort.
- Provides shock absorber cushioning
- Dries up easily and faster
- The product is odour resistant
- Collar foam and tongue gives comfort
- Stylish enough to wear almost everywhere
- Might be pricey compared to other products
In this category New Balance Men’s MW928 Walking Shoe and New Balance Men’s MW928 Walking Shoe might be the most sorts after.
3. Brooks Addiction WalkerFeatures
- Product features a thick sole which allows being more supportive and solid.
- They come with a lot of cushioning for the absorption of shock
- The shoes are crafted with leather, textile, or mesh.Included is an insole that can be removed.
- This can accommodate orthotics.
- The product also offers lace or strap.
- These allow for convenient closure.
- Collar and tongue are well padded
- A great in-shoe feel is provided
- Offers durable cushioning
- Product have durable outsoles
- Quality, fit and comfortable
- Sole is firm and very supportive
- Shoes are stable
- Some reviewers said the front rubber of the toes might later separate from the shoe.
Under this product Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 16 and Brooks Men’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoes might be the most sorts after.
The three different product groups discussed above seems to be the best walking shoes for flat feet and overpronation.(8) They have what it takes to correct your Overpronation and make you feel comfortable. However, these are just our picks. We all have the choice to our opinions. If you have something to add to the article, you are welcome. Use our comment box.