On a daily basis, high arches can be irritating and annoying. While you are running, they can be worse and more serious. Do you want to get out of the inconveniences and be more relieved? Finding the perfect shoes is the best way to protect your feet and Arches. It is essential to have a shoe with a well-defined arch. It provides good stability and comfort as you move. Whether you are a male or female, getting the best shoes for high arches can be helpful. It might be the only thing you can do to be comfortable while walking or running.
For those with high arches, standing all day, walking, or running in shoes that are flat could be uncomfortable. It could even result in injury. In this article, we are going to show you the best shoes for high arches. You will also have the opportunity to know more about high arches.
WHAT IS HIGH ARCH?
High Arch is when the arch of your feet is raised above the normal height. The arch of the feet extends from your toes to your heel on the below of your foot. It is the opposite of flatfoot, and it is also called PEs Cavus.
WHAT CAUSES HIGH ARCH?
A neurological (nerve) or orthopedic (bone) condition is the likely cause of the high foot arches. Feet with high arches have the tendency to be painful. The section of the foot between the ankle and toe tends to experience more stress. With this condition, it might be difficult to fit into shoes. Some of the symptoms are:
- The foot length is shortened
- There could be a pain when standing, running, or walking.
- Fitting shoe might be a problem
With High arches, you might also experience some common injuries like arthritis, sprains in the ankle, shin splints and much more. No doubt, one of the treatments for high arches is the use of corrective shoes.
HOW CAN YOU CHOOSE THE PERFECT SHOES FOR HIGH ARCHES?
This is not as difficult as it seems. Believe it, unlike other foot types, people with high arches do not require much support. All you need to do is to go for a shoe having minimum support. You might go for a neutral, neutral plus or a performance neutral shoe. These would provide comfort without disturbing your natural gait.
Also, consider the price. What your budget says is what you would possibly go for. The price of the shoes varies, and you will find the one that best fits into your budget. However, it is most of the time advisable you go for quality. They might be more durable and comfortable.
Additionally, the midsole of the shoes should be considered. A shoe with a well-cushioned midsole can give you a more enjoyable walk or run. As your feet hit the ground, it will take out the pressure.
You can also read reviews by other users on a particular product. This will help you have more insight on the shoe to purchase.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE BEST SHOES FOR HIGH ARCHES?
Wearing shoes with perfect arch support has a lot of advantages on your entire walking gait. Every day, shoes with good high support are a necessity. The benefits are:
- They offer perfect and special support for your fascia ligament
- Proper shock abortion is provided for your feet
- They ensure comfort and breathability
- The best shoes for High arch help in motion control. Proper walking motion is encouraged
WHAT ARE THE COMMON COMPLAINS ABOUT SHOES FOR HIGH ARCHES?
Some people believe the shoes are expensive. Even though they are good, getting used to arch support shoes might take time. The sizing of the shoes is sometimes incorrect from the manufacturer.
HOW CAN YOU CARE FOR YOUR SHOES?
It is one thing to purchase the best shoes for high arches; it is another thing to care for them. Giving your shoes a little care would make it last longer than expected. Below are some simple steps in giving your shoes a makeover.
- Remove the insole or sock liner and wash it
- Use an old toothbrush to remove the dirt on the surface. You can also use anti-grease soap and some warm water
- Dry your shoes naturally. The shape of the shoe could be altered if you use direct heat
This review will discuss the best men shoes for high arches and the best women shoes for high arches. So whether you are a male or female, you will have the opportunity to select the best for you.
BEST MEN SHOES FOR HIGH ARCHES
1. Brooks Men's Beast 14
- The product features sock liner and mesh upper. These are amazing features that help in managing moisture and keeping the feet fresher and cooler.
- It has a padded collar and tongue that ensures comfort
- It features synthetic materials that are light weight. An amazing feature that provides the foot with a glove-like feel
- Included is a rubber outsole and an abrasion resistant HPR. This is great because it provides durability where needed.
- Product provides high stability and cushioning
- It offers a smooth heel-to-toe transition with each step
- Fluidity and natural forefoot movement are ensured
- It might not be soft as expected
2. Nike Men's Air Zoom Pegasus 33
- The product features upper mesh. This wonderful feature makes the shoe fit well to your foot.
- It has a full-length cushion that offers plush cushioning
- Included is a perfect insole that offers excellent shock absorption and comfort
- Additionally, it has an amazing general outsole and flex grooves design. This great feature allows the natural function of the foot through the gait
- The product provides personalized feel and comfort of your feet
- It offers top-notch durability and exceptional breathability
- It offers the perfect support for high arches
- Positive tractions are provided for all surface types
- The size might be smaller than the previous version
3. ASICS Men's GEL-Kinsei 6 Running Shoe
- This product features a Gel cushioning system at the forefoot and rear foot. These provide comfortability in every step you take
- It has a fluid fit upper technology that combines stretch reinforcement with a stretch mesh of various directions. I love this feature because it provides a glove-like fit
- The Midsole has fluid ride technology. This is a great feature that allows for responsive cushioning so you can run a long distance comfortably
- It provides a neutral gait enhancement with its impact guidance system
- Product offer responsive cushioning
- It offers a secure but flexible fit
- The weight is light and has proper heel support
- It offers smooth take offs with its propulsion trusstic technology
- The toe box might be narrower
4. Altra Men's Torin 2 Running Shoe
- The product features a MetaPod outsole. It is a perfect feature that offers excellent traction
- An Anatomical toe box is included. This allows your foot to be in a natural position
- It has a double layer AltraBound at the midsole. A great feature that provides exceptional cushioning
- It offers rebound when you hit the ground
- The cushioning is soft and provides great comfort
- The ligament in your feet is protected from being overworked
- Users say the shoe runs narrow compared to previous versions
BEST WOMEN SHOES FOR HIGH ARCHES
1. Saucony Women's Ride 9 Running Shoe
- It features well-padded collar and tongue. These make the shoe feel good and convenient for users
- The product features an outsole design with tri-flex. What a great feature that helps in improving flexibility
- It has double density, breathable mesh, rubber sole, and run-dry chafe-resistant lining.
- Included is also SSL EVA midsole that provides you lightness, rebound, and comfort.
- Its vertical flex groves ensure more flexibility
- It is well cushioned for comfort
- Your feet are kept from injuries
- Heel to toe cushioning are ensured by the PowerGrid system it processes
- It offers smoother transitions through the help of its SRC crash pad
- Some user feels the toe box slightly tight
- It might get hot
2. Adidas Performance Women's Supernova Glide 8 W Running Shoe
- It features a midsole that is made of EVA material. This feature offers a great cushioning that protects the balls and heel of your feet
- The product has a suckliner. I love this feature as it ensures that the shoe fit your feet well
- Included are plush collar and tongue, foam insole that is removable, mesh upper, and rubber sole
- Additionally, it has fabric lining that is breathable and provides a great in-shoe feel.
- It provides enough cushioning
- Fit your feet well
- Highly responsive
- It offers great grip on all surfaces
- Some users complained that the forefoot is wider
3. New Balance Women's W890v4 Neutral Light Running Shoe
- The product features REVlite foam at midsole. It is a great feature that will give your feet a perfect cushioning
- It has an ABZORB crash pad. Wow! I love this feature because it absorbs any shock and gives your feet comfort.
- Included is also a rubber outsole and FantomFit upper design. These features offer durability and added support.
- It offers full length cushioning
- Product offers extra protection
- It is super light
- Highly supportive for a lot of foot and arch types
- Some users complained that the shoe might fall apart after some months of use
Are you wearing a shoe that offers a perfect arch support? If not, there is a likely solution for you from the shoes discussed above. The best shoes for high arches discussed above might offer fantastic support. Do not hesitate to choose the best one that would work for you.