BEST HARDTAIL MOUNTAIN BIKES 2017: THE HOTTEST UNDER 1000, 1500, AND 2000- WHAT BIKE?
Recently, hardtail has been developing into a much better bike for bikers alongside bikes having the same quality. If you are on a tight budget and also a starter who wish to upgrade from your entry level ride, best hardtail mountain bike might be all you need. This article will open your eye to the best hardtail mountain bikes 2017, so you could make a better choice and enjoy the fun of biking.
CHOOSING THE BEST HARDTAIL MOUNTAIN BIKE
After been bitten by a mountain biking bug, the next thing you do is to buy a great Mountain bike. Choosing the best hardtail mountain bike solely depends on some factors since it comes on different models and prices. To be a buyer that is informed with expectations that are realistic, the factors you need to consider are:
Your budget– hardtail can cost as much as $9000. Even though they are amazing at that price range, you can still get badass hardtails under 1000, 1500, and 2000. However, you can decide to go for anyone or type within your budget limit.
Brands– there are many brands of hardtail bike you can invest in. Going for the more popular ones might be the best bet.
Features– it is one of the important factors. You might need to consider the tire, frame materials, brakes, gearing, frame sizes, and wheel size. All these vary from one hardtail to the other.
Fit- it is very important that you consider the bike that will best fit your height for comfortability.
Watch this video: https://youtu.be/tO8vMgVmWBo
Talking about most kinds of mountain biking, hardtails are a better fit. The best hardtail bikes 2017 offers their rider a lot of advantages and these are:
- Pedaling power are transferred more efficiently to the front wheel and this increases acceleration and also makes it easy to maintain high speed over a long distance
- The hardtail requires less maintenance time since it has simpler components compared to some other bikes of same range
- It offers its users the ability to carry more water bottles while riding. This serves as an extra bonus to tackle thirst especially when riding a long distance
- It makes storming ahead easy when it comes to soft and extended climbs
- Riders could get better frame and components at any price point. These means hardtail could fit almost all budgets.
WHAT MAKES HARDTAIL ONE OF ITS KINDS?
This mountain bike type has its own unique attributes which make it different from others. These are:
- It has no suspension fork at the rear. It only has at the front for shock absorbing on the front wheel.
- The bike have lesser moving parts and are less expensive
- Its rear ends are fully rigid
- The best hardtail mountain bikes are nippier, faster, and lighter
- It is more playful, more interesting, smoother, and also keeps you in check
HOW TO USE HARDTAIL MOUNTAIN BIKES
It is one thing to purchase the best hardtail that best fit you and it is another thing to know how to use the bike. For your safety and long time usage, it is advisable that you know how to use and maintain the bike. Below are tips on how to safely use and maintain your hardtail.
- Get a new helmet and other essential gears for safe riding
- Always keep your tires inflated to avoid easy puncture
- Even though it requires less maintenance time, take time to keep all components clean as it prolongs the lifespan of the bike
- Check your brakes often to tighten saggy brakes and silence brakes that are squeaky
- Get bike lubricants to lubricate metal parts such as chain
Watch this video: https://youtu.be/4JVrOTsbE3Y
Best hardtail mountain bike brands
There are various brands of hardtail bikes but some are more demanding than the other. Some of the top sellers of hardtail bikes are Diamondback, Raleigh, BEIOU, Polygon, Stradalli, Eagle, and Steppenwolf. Even though choice differs from one customer to the other, it is advisable to purchase from the best brands.
Taking the benefits, best brands, and cost into consideration, below are the best hardtail mountain bikes 2017
Best hardtail mountain bike under 1000
- This bike features a hand built 6061-T6 aluminum alloy frame and butted, custom formed tubes that make it light in weight and highly strong
- It comes with rare dropouts that are forged and with a derailleur hanger that is replaceable. These features are amazing as the chance of something breaking is reduced
- Included are wheels with larger diameter(29 inches) which offers the opportunity of rolling over bigger holes comfortably
- This bike also comes with alloy disc brakes and SR Suntour suspension fork for a safe stop, better control, and comfortable ride.
- It offers an 8-speed for a faster and swift movement
- Enjoyable and smooth ride are achievable, even on bumpy roads
- It has easy assembling step
- Offers precise control and feel
- It is ready to ride
- Good off-road handling
- It is a good value for the money
- The seat might be quite hard
- During long rides, seat could be uncomfortable due to the bike’s soft front shock
Watch this video: https://youtu.be/SqVSky8eaAE
- The bike comes with a heat treated 6061 aluminum frame that gives the bike its lightweight characteristic
- Its suspension fork is made of with aluminum and it also has a lockout. These are amazing because it softens the ride and hold the front wheel on the ground for perfect handling, smooth movement, and hill climbing
- Adding to its feature is the 21-speed This makes it move faster and also offer reliable shifting to users while riding
- It also has mechanical brakes for easy control while riding, aluminum brake levers, pedals, handlebars, and crank for sleek and comfortable rides
- The bike possesses wheels created from aluminum alloy. This badass feature ensures that the bike has a lighter weight. Also, the wheel size is 26 inches.
- It offers ride without difficulty
- Ensures smooth shifting and disc breaks
- Excellent drivetrain
- It could be a maintenance free bike
- The wheels does not require truing
- Brakes might need a little bit of adjustment
Watch this video: https://youtu.be/7jLN5lbYE70
- It has a lightweight aluminum frame
- This bike comes with an SR Suntour Raidon fork that offers the bike comfortable and smooth ride
- It offers wheels that are 29 inches in dimension. This is a wow as it flows users over roots and rocks with efficiency and ease
- Adding to the feature is its hydraulic disc brakes that ensure great stopping power no matter the weather conditions
- It is fun to ride, quick, and whippy
- Breaks ensure safe stop
- Provides a good range of gear for cross country race
- The saddle offers a comfy ride
- Handlebars ensures soft and convenient grip
- It might be easy to run out of gear while riding fast on pavements
- The bike might be fairly heavy
Watch this video: https://youtu.be/HaR5oJRYOI4
Best hardtail mountain bike under 1500
- The bike comes with a carbon fiber unibody frame that is durable. A great feature that allows you to use the bike on any terrain and still have it intact. It also gives you the opportunity to easily carry the bike anytime
- It offers its riders a 30- speed system for faster ride
- It comes with an air suspension fork for comfortable and easy ride along rough terrains
- Included is also the hydraulic dual disc brake systems which use Shimano M355 technology. An astonishing feature that allows perfect shift and powerful stop in all situations. Additionally, the disc brake is hidden
- The bike has cables that are routed internally and this assures a neat design
- It offers great comfortability when riding
- Different sizes are available to suit various users
- This bike’s weight is very light
- Its speed makes riding fun
- The gears are great and smooth
- The seat might be hard for some users
- Some users said it has a poor packaging
Watch this video: https://youtu.be/u_PZkmPidmo
- It features a lightweight ALX advanced hydroformed alloy frame and 29 inches wheel for easy ride in rough terrains
- Breaking and shifting cables are routed internally so they are not easily damaged
- Included is also an 8mm suspension at the front. An astonishing feature that helps users take on any obstruction on their way
- It has hydraulic disc brakes. I like this feature as it helps users survive any harsh weather and muddy conditions.
- It offers 20- speed drivetrain
- It is durable
- The brake is sharp and consistent
- Survives all conditions
- It is solid and reliable
- The bike offers a clean and sleek look
- Pedals are not included
Watch this video: https://youtu.be/hvX9WorZYTw
- The product features a TORAY T800 carbon fiber frame. This makes the bike lightweight and uniquely durable
- It has a suspension fork with lockout. An amazing feature that gives you the opportunity to choose if you need a suspension function or not
- It came with double mechanical brakes that give an efficient stopping power when they are needed
- Included as part of its features are handlebars, saddle, front and rare derailleur. These features are great as they allow users to start riding effectively and operate conveniently
- Easy to assemble
- It offers excellent multi-performance
- The bike has multi assembly tools
- Brakes offers decent stopping when there is an emergency
- Users said the saddle might be hard
Watch this video: https://youtu.be/hwHX2YllHIY
Best Hardtail Mountain bike under 2000
- This bike features a high-performance carbon composite frame that makes the Wight of the bike light
- It has DT Swiss X1900 spline 29 inches wheel and Schwalbe rocket Ron Evo tires. These are great features that give riders the opportunity to easily tackle rough terrains and trample bumps and potholes
- It offers Shimano XT rear and front derailleurs and XT/XT chain. Amazing features that allow easy shift of gears when riding
- Included are Avid Elixir 5 180/160 mm brakes for safe and perfect stop in all terrains
- It is 99% assembled
- Flawlessly and powerfully equipped
- The weight is ultra light
- It is a very fast bike
- Offers irrepressible forward thrust
- It does not come with pedals
- Brake might need adjustment before riding
Watch this video: https://youtu.be/nyxDhInLJiI
- This product has 100% 3k carbon fiber frame and the head tube and BB of the frame area are reinforced. Superb features for faster, stronger, and more powerful ride on bumpy and rocky areas. It also helps make a super light, stiff and durable bike.
- Included is also a tapered head tube which gives users the chance to use forks having tapered steerer tubes and also one and half lower headset bearing. This feature also gives the rider more control over the bike on all terrains since it lowers the center of gravity.
- The bike features internally routed cables, so you don’t need to worry about missing shifting or dirt and mud hanging on shifter cables.
- It has wheels that are 27.5 inches in diameter. A great feature that allows quicker and better handling on trails that are tight
- It also features a vintage threaded bottom bucket that might allow nearly all bottom bucket and crankset application available to easily fit with the frame
- It is agile and versatile
- Easy to maneuver
- Responsive and fast when going uphill
- Ensures reliable and consistent shifting
- The weight is super light
- Pedals are not included
Watch this video: https://youtu.be/lP0tPEYi8AU
- This features a carbon fiber aero frame. This makes it 18% stronger and 16% lighter than the aluminum frame.
- It has an internal cable routing. An amazing feature that protects the cables from damaging
- This bike comes with a direct mount braking system. I am amazed at this feature as it offers perfect braking performance
- It offers 11-speed for faster ride
- It is pre-built, so it takes less time to assemble
- Material ensures longevity, durability, and safety
- Ensures precise shifting
- It offers. Comfortable performance geometry
- Allows a space for water bottle
- Pedal is absent
- Saddle might need to be replaced
Watch this video: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XFLTC32/ref=pd_va_prv_0
Above are the best hardtail mountain bikes 2017 in few words. However, after considering the best hardtails under 1000, 1500, and 2000, one standout to be the best one. No doubt, Merax finiss mg alloy wheel Mountain bike is the best hardtail mountain bike. This is due to the fact that it offers a great and perfect frame material, wider wheels, and excellent lockout. Additionally, it is a great bike for its price and the alloy wheel makes it one of its kinds.